(Located in Seoul)
Amazon Web Services
") enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. AWS is growing very rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. This growth is driving the need for an experienced leader on that team to fill this new, high-profile position.
AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the business and influence decision-making.
In this role, the Korea Public Sector Business Operations Manager
will work closely with the Korea Public Sector Region Manager and with the APAC-PS and WW-PS team to continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. This will include working with the Korea leadership to develop, implement and manage the Business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize Business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
The Korea Public Sector Operations Manager
will drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to AWS's customers. This position also manages the administration and execution of the team’s goals, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns and proposing improvements to the Business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results.
This role is not a "fixed job-description" type of role. The rapid changing nature of the public cloud business and Amazon's rapid rate of change and innovation means the successful candidate will operate best in environments of ambiguity and will find satisfaction in both large-scale history-making work and minor day-to-day activities alike.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties. Active collaboration with leadership in AWS Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions across the Korea Public Sector Business
- Working with the local management, lead the annual Goals, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes.
- Lead the development and provision of routine and ad-hoc analytic reports to AWS senior management regarding Business Development initiatives, customer segment performance, performance against goals, etc. Ensure reports contribute to business insight and decision-making, and minimize overall report burden.
- Lead the modeling and development of recommendations for segment sizing, global allocations, and alignments.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging 3rd party data sources as needed for Analytics.