The Facility Engineer with be responsible for Data Center Engineering Operations within an Amazon Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting. Responsibilities may include:
· Responsible for the on-site management of COLO contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
· Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure operations and maintenance.
· Generate change management requests & incident management tickets for DCEO/COLO activities.
· Work with DCO managers (IT) and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability, sustainability and efficiency.
· Establish documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
· Responsible for the installation of the racks and the provision of power/cooling.
· Review the COLO management of both routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
· Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
· Drive & implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
· Management of the COLO’s, in the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management.
· Conduct monthly operational meetings with COLO management.
· Review COLO contract compliance & ensure all SLA’s are achieved.
· Business interface with COLO Management for day to day operational requirements.
· Assist in recruiting efforts.
· Manage the COLO in the resolution of any infrastructure engineering issues.
· Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.