Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, inter-company, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
Amazon seeks a high caliber Accounting Manager who will be responsible for proper and accurate accounting of the retail business operations for Amazon's Australia location. This position will work closely with the global payment accounting and intercompany team, retail accounting team, treasury, transportation, and others and represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders internally and externally. In addition, the accounting manager is a member of a project team which partners with new business launch project team and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
Successful candidates for this position will have a minimum of ten years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies and/or public accounting firms. Candidate experience should cover accounting & financial reporting processes, accounting operation transition and project management.
- Monthly financial reporting and internal control assessments
- Ownership of statutory accounting and external filings in Australia including managing the process and relationship with external auditors and governmental bodies.
- Continuously evaluates, documents and works with Australia and US Accounting teams to reach conclusion on Australian Accounting Standards for business events.
- Actively engaged with new business initiatives as needed within the region.
- Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
- Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.