• IT education or 2-3 years of experience on relevant position preferably in operational environment
• A good understanding of computer and networking concepts including data cabling. Cisco qualification desirable. Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS protocols
• Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Windows Server, Linux/Unix, Windows 7, Windows 8
•Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal). Able to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
• Strong sense of customer service
• Methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
• Keeps others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
• Self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
• Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to train and learn new skills.
• Demonstrates strong initiative (is proactive) and motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
• To have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
• Ability to effectively solve hardware and network issues in an operational environment
• Ability to work in height using scissor lifts/platforms (training will be provided if needed)
Applicants need to be flexible with regards to their working hours as this position involves supporting production hours as required, which includes overtime (sometimes at short notice). It is on a rotating shift based schedule which could be covering weekends and / or weekdays.
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Technicians execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48 inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 30 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height).