Amazon Web Services (AWS) are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Technical Lead to provide hands on support for our Edge data center locations across APAC.
About the Role:
- You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possesses very strong written & verbal communication skills. You are a high performer with a "can do" attitude.
- In addition to build-outs and data center deployments, you will be required to travel between APAC sites conducting routine audits, service assessments and providing any remote support required by our internal teams.
- You will be expected to manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labor to ensure that our stringent standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.
- You will have experience building relationships with internal and external teams/customers along with innovating effective solutions to meet issues & problems as they arise.
- You will have previous hands on technical troubleshooting experience and a proven ability solving complex problems.
As a Technical Project lead in Amazon, you will get to build and maintain the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure across a number of local and remote locations. The role involves some periods working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communications. Your day job will include
- Installing and/or expanding network & server infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting network installation & configuration
- Triaging and repairing server & network hardware.
- Resolving data center facility issues.
- Coordinating remote hands & eyes for any site issues.
- Participating in small to mid-size projects creating or expanding data centers.
- Building relationships with remote facilities to ensure swift response times to events.
- Improving all operational processes and security with each site.
- Generating metrics to provide details of performance in a diverse range of areas.
- Participate in and deliver on a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects.
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates.
- Drive projects to completion, you will be the key contributor to the projects you're involved in.
- Help build the world’s largest cloud infrastructure.