As a member of Amazon’s HR Services team you will be performing the functions of a Team Manager for Screening Services. You will be required to work with management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. Manages Background check program support, including adjudication and employee screening services for US, Canada and LATAM.
Manages ongoing support to HR teams by improving self-service tools, monitoring policy and process updates as the programs grow.
This position requires someone with a very strong people and process management experience. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with the broader regional recruiting teams to standardize processes that ensure seamless recruiting experience to the candidates. Leveraging your skillset, you will provide guidance, training and resolutions related to recruiting needs across regions. You will be responsible for overseeing volumes, escalations, quality, and reporting to ensure the team meets service level commitments.
You will act as the Subject Matter Expert for the team and partners to provide guidance, training and resolution related to the process for all the direct reports aligned to you. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and communicating to the team. You will strive for regularly identify and bring forward continuous process improvements with ideas based on LEAN and KAIZEN. Analyze and report any skewing to the Service Level Commitments. This manager will provide critical value and insight into the program operation and data accuracy and integrity of information transmitted. The manager will contribute to the program vision, design and delivery and will set the vision, direction, and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals. The manager will maintain singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, by identifying broader customer impacting issues and implementing solutions to drive quality and productivity, while achieving real time desired service levels. RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management and Communication:
- Identifies customer impacting issues and implements solutions and process improvement to increase customer satisfaction. Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
- Creates business cases and manages enhancements. Presents high quality data findings.
- Identifies need, creates and distributes standard communications. Maintains departmental content in all channels. With manager oversight, develops and implements communication plans
- Responds to escalations, providing root cause analysis and recommendation. Develops remediation plan and drives to resolution with minimal guidance from Manager.
- Leads and develops a team of Associates and Specialists; responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the team. Manages the team and ensures high service delivery and execution
- Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
- Communicates policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Manages the workflow of the team to maintain service levels and ensure equitable workloads among team members.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Responds to queries from team, internal business partners, candidates, and customers including high level leadership teams.
- Managing key stakeholders both internal & external & partnering with them for process enhancement.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for customers, team and vendors · General understanding of HR Services workload and priorities
- Knows and interprets basic legal stipulations
- Knows and works with outside sources to develop interpretations and solutions for complex issues
- Performs audits of team’s work. Assists in developing and approving guidelines
- Advocates for HR Services