Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Sr Manager - Operations
is a newly created role to enhance productivity, efficiency, and quality of data across multiple Amazon products and services and is part of a larger global team.
The Sr Ops Manager is accountable for the overall direction, scaling and operations of our site, creating a culture of customer obsession, high performance and high quality throughput - leading to scaling of this organization, owning consistent delivery of results against the organizational objectives. With operations managers and team manager as direct reports this role enables the achievement of service levels, performance & cost goals and successful program implementation. The site manager is responsible for the performance management, goal setting and career development of their line reports to ensure effective succession planning is in place. S(he) should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. S(he) will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. S(he) will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. S(he) should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. People Management, Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Develop and drive the overall direction, coordination, service delivery and evaluation of operations activity for the site
· Set the vision, direction and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
· Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused operating plans for achievement of key measures
· Create a culture where accountability, transparency and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects is a standard operating practice
· Tirelessly advocate for improvements to systems and processes that will benefit our product teams / stakeholders and business partners.
· Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and build career development roadmap for site operations teams
· Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard “call of duty” to find creative solutions for our product issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of product teams.
· Create closed-loop feedback processes where data associates are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to customer experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
· Work with finance & operations leadership team to develop, support manage the annual expense budget and build collaborative relationships with partner organizations.
· Responsible for creating a coaching culture across the site where formal and informal coaching opportunities are availed of
· Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff
· Achieve site-wide improvements in Operations, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Customer experience and People metrics.
· Build partnerships with internal and external teams to collaborate and drive measurable improvements in areas that cause customer pain and data associate frustration.
· Improve the experience of the data associates & managers as measured by improvements in attrition and employee engagement surveys.
· Work with Operations Engineering leadership / Engineering managers to clearly articulate feature requirements for associate toolsets, user interfaces, and business logic for the efficient handling of work volumes.