Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform in Public Sector by engaging with Governments building software applications and services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Business Development Manager focused on the MENA region, you will be responsible for defining key market segments to target, driving technical relationships with customers to open up new market segments and closing high impact Lighthouse wins.
Please note, this position is based in Bahrain temporarily and will likely be relocated to another part off the GCC region.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and bias for action is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the MENA Public Sector team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Help executing the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Contribute to the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.