Do you like helping partners solve tough technical problems? Would you like to help some of the best known Systems Integrators in the world utilize cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as the leading cloud computing platform?
As a Partner Solution Architect focused on the South Africa market within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon Compute, Storage, Database and Networking) across the partner community. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement with strategic partners.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- The deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Customer facing skills ideally gained within a partner organization and have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- As a key member of the AWS Business Development team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our managed systems integrators. This includes:
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide for example for summits, workshops, product launches and other external events.
- Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform. Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
- Evangelise AWS services and solutions to the wide partner community
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.