Are you a Big Data specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing, Data Streaming and/or Hadoop experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billion + records) data challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. The Specialist SA will develop and run technical workshops, prove our technology through mechanisms like demonstrations, proof-of-concept projects. These engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Big Data and Business Intelligence.
Amazon strives to be the most customer centric company on earth. The ideal candidate will…
- Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
- Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for understanding business needs, architecting, proving and building cloud-based solutions for some of the world’s most innovative organizations.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, Solution Architects, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and understand the capabilities and value of AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift and Athena.
- Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and designing relevant Big Data solutions.
- Push the envelope – Cloud computing is reducing the historical “IT constraint” on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Big Data / Business Intelligence cloud computing.
- Community – Develop an APAC community of BD&A experts, sharing ideas and best practices. Coordinate efforts around IP development, evangelism and thought-leadership events relating to BD&A. Provide thought leadership on BD&A both externally through Public Events like AWS Summit Series and User-Groups, and also internally.
- Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
The right individual will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to database experts, software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The right individual will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team.