Amazon is looking for energetic and enthusiastic candidates to join the fast paced world of European Financial Operations in Bratislava. We’re not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results. About us
We’ve been online since 1995 and in that time we’ve grown pretty quickly. We’re not the kind of company that’s happy to sit back and take it all for granted however, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to bring in fresh ideas. A day to challenge convention. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and reinforce our reputation for great service for years to come. You could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work hard. Have fun. Make history. About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for cash collection operations in cooperation with our suppliers and management of their financial disputes in Germany. As part of our commitment to your development, you will also gain exposure in cross functional and process improvement projects but you can expect your responsibilities to include:
· Work with Amazon suppliers, mostly in Germany to ensure correct balances are being accounted for on both sides.
· Ensure our suppliers are aware of their liabilities against Amazon for running marketing agreements and goods returned to them.
· Continually look at ways to improve the vendor experience
· Earn the trust of your vendors and internal customers thereby building long-lasting relationships to reinforce Amazon’s customer centricity.
· Work with the commercial side of the business to ensure we are serving our customers in the most effective manner.
· Analysis of vendor returns and marketing agreements and the cooperation with our sales, supply chain and retail finance to ensure proper setup.
· Being a helping hand for our internal business partners in Munich, to enable them to make educated decisions.
· Acting as a communication liaison between our vendors, retail finance department, accounts payables and accounts receivables. About you
• Must be fluent in German and have advanced English language skills. Able to deal with ambiguity, having back-bone, be able to disagree & commit.
• A desire to take responsibility and ownership for projects from day one.
• A drive for continuous learning and self-development
• A strong work ethic, with a high customer service ethic
• A keen eye for detail
• A very self-motivated and flexible working approach
• A passion for working with diverse teams with different cultures on an international team
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Studies or other directly related areas is an advantage, however not a must and also other language skills would be welcome.
Suitable candidates will have a passion for working with people, analytical acumen, strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills. About our rewards
• A competitive salary and other excellent benefits.
• You are our future leaders! We’ll expect you to go the extra mile but success at Amazon will lead to more responsibility, progression and a rewarding career with one of the World’s leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.