We are currently looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports our Data Center Organization within Amazon. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center operate at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
This position will provide a central point of ownership and accountability for the overall ‘hands-on’ management of the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) infrastructure. It will also include event management, incident management, problem management, change management, and cost/contract management. In addition, this will include the relationship management with the landlords, critical facility vendors, Data Center Construction team, Data Center Operations team, Technical Program Managers, Security team, and Logistics team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Operations and Maintenance:
- Ownership of all Data Center changes/events/incidents/problems from beginning to end as well as overseeing the completion of post-mortems, root cause analysis and follow-up resolution actions.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance/ repairs of site-critical facility infrastructure or a Data Center are planned and executed to the best interest of the business.
- Responsible for Asset and Inventory management.
- Develop and maintain method statements, standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, preventive maintenance programs, and all technical documentation. Ensure standardization and consistency with best-in-class operating practices. (Technical Writing Skills and Automation)
- Develop a complete, deep knowledge of the design intent, operational alternatives and contingency plans related to all Data Center systems.
- Manage the engineering aspects of the Data Centers related to financial and cost control, code and regulatory compliance, personnel management, staff training and development, Health & Safety, local statutory requirements, environmental and energy management.
- Develop and deliver the regular engineering reports and ensure adherence to contracted deliverables including SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Communicate operating philosophies, technical information, objectives and expectations to Amazon personnel and to the vendor critical facilities management teams.
- Providing hands on facility support where required (e.g. installation of new equipment, decommissioning of equipment, replacement of faulty equipment, internal audits…etc.)
- Oversee technical compliance auditing and the effective and timely close out of corrective action plans. Perform annual operational reviews with a focus on compliance with the Amazon standards and all applicable regulatory requirements. (Audits).
- Manage the development and delivery of the portfolio of Energy/Environmental Management Programs.
- Keep abreast of Data Center industry innovation.
Incident and Emergency Response:
- Reviewing incident reports, documenting periodic trend summaries, and providing updates and recommended actions to management.
- Managing information flow during incidents while providing regular updates to management.
- Manage and coordinate with vendors to resolve any incidents during emergency situations. This may require to physically be dispatched on to site to investigate and resolve the issue.