Cloud is the new normal and our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and gain global footprint. On the forefront of this adoption are AWS Solutions Architects, educating the customers on how to craft highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to build mind share and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from mid-market to large enterprise customers. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Amazon Web Services seeks Associate Solution Architects (ASA) who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong motivation to develop their technical and pre-sales skills. As an ASA, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SQS etc.). Under the guidance of the wider Solutions Architect team, you will help support our inside sales team by providing technical advice and recommendations to our customers who are looking to AWS for their technical solutions. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders and relevant functional teams to develop scalable and repeatable technical content.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. They will be broadly competent across many areas of technology and deep in a handful of areas. It's ok for them to be less deep in some places, but we need to feel confident that they have the fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly.
On the business side, we are looking for excellent communication skills. The ASA will spend most of their day interacting with customers via email, phone, video conference, and occasionally, in-person meetings. They will meet with developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. Given the large portion of customers who are self-served, interest in and ability to create one-to-many technical content such as reference architectures, self-paced guides and blog posts is an important part of the role.
On the soft-skills side, we are looking for ability to moderate tone and technical depth based on audience and solid ability to pick up on non-verbal communication. Also ability to pick up on “un-said” drivers is important. The ASA will work across multiple sales teams and should have a proven ability to prioritize workload and manage time as appropriate, keeping stakeholders informed.
On the personal attributes side, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have the drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information continuously. People who might get easily bored in slower moving environments will do well here.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Assist with training sessions for customers considering or already using AWS
- Collaborate with experienced solutions architects to craft and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white-papers
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and product teams and help evolve the AWS platform
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact