Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with Media & Entertainment companies building their cloud solutions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space? Have you worked with media companies, and are you passionate about the prospects of OTT, content production, content distribution running in an AWS environment?
As a Business Development Manager (Media & Entertainment) within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the Enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define the strategy for the Media & Entertainment Vertical, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in this market, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness to get it done is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy within ASEAN.
- Help define the AWS Media & Entertainment market segment & customer base we target in ASEAN.
- Set a strategic business development plan for the Media & Entertainment market and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability
- Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs), but also Media ISV’s.