Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) by supporting the FSI companies building their cloud solutions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a FSI Business Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing within the Financial Service communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define the strategy for the FSI Vertical, supporting to drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in this market, and enabling the Account team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to support and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to help drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Help define the AWS FSI market segment & customer base we target.
- Support to set up a strategic business development plan for the FSI market and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Contribute to execute the business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Account teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using Amazon Web Services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of the AWS customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of AWS’s product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Contribute to develop long-term partnerships in support of the AWS key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the