Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Physical Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
· Lead a physical design team from RTL-to-GDSII resulting in leading-edge semiconductor products
· Define and drive flows methodologies to optimized physical design work, define guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and track progress
· Lead Synthesis and place & route efforts creating an efficient and high performing team.
· Define project plans, goals and milestones for both short and long-term work with optimized dependencies between different domains
· Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design through the identification of potential solutions and drive resolution
· Work with the front-end teams to understand chip architecture and drive physical aspects early in the definition cycle
· Define and implement breakthrough productivity using cloud computing
· Full responsibility of RTL-to-GDSII, SignOff and Tape out workflow and execution
· Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through excellent collaboration and teamwork across disciplines
· Hire and Develop the Best: hire the industry’s best talent and mentor, build expertise, and grow each team member