In Amazon our overall mission is simple: We want to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
Transaction Risk Management Services ("TRMS") works to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction. Within TRMS, the Operations division achieves this through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the buyers and sellers on our marketplace.
Amazon is seeking an outstanding Operations Manager to join our Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) team, reporting to the Site Manager. You will be responsible for providing the overall management for a team of 120-150 employees and direct leadership to the operations team, overseeing and developing employee performance and process improvement activities.
The job holder will be responsible for building and adhering to maintaining SOP’s, implementing, managing and reporting through Metrics, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. Furthermore, they will adhere to all aspects of our TRMS Trust & Safety Tenets to protect the Amazon.com brand globally and maximize trust in our end to end systems with buyers, sellers and all other customers.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings unique new challenges and new opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with senior management globally, site peers and EU wide business stakeholders as well as legal owners to develop and define mutually agreeable solutions. This position will involve regular communication and engagement with senior management. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive level presentation skills will be key to success. Responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of managers and an overall operations team of between 120 and 150 employees.
- Ensure high quality and high volume productivity
- Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership, as well as serving as an outstanding role model.
- Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon.com leaders including succession planning
- Manage and execute for defined metrics and quality, maintain clear metrics on our investigation handling volumes, performance, and decision quality.
- Achieve operational excellence and drive process improvement
- Analyze the key levers of the business to identify bad debt trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause defects.
- The manager's success will be measured by their ability to drive operational efficiencies across all processing areas whilst improving internal and external customer experience.
- Keys to success in this role include exceptional leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills. This role blends operations, product management, customer service, global strategy, finance, and usability.