Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, cooling equipment, and building automation systems.
The EOT is also responsible for supervision of third party contractors and various administrative tasks, such as updating fault tickets, writing work descriptions and handling requests for work on/changes to technical systems.
You can find out more about our Data Centers here.
· Operate and maintain electrical equipment
· Operate and maintain mechanical equipment such as cooling and ventilation systems
· Perform administrative tasks
· Perform problem analysis of equipment failures
· Troubleshooting of facility and server rack-level events
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment
· Manage workflows according to company maintenance processes
· Able to work up to 12 hour shifts (day and night rotating schedule)
· Work on uneven surfaces, at heights and from ladders/platforms
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 kilos, more in groups
· Perform physical tasks (using tools, reach, stretch, manipulate small objects) for extended periods
· Work (using appropriate hearing protection) in a noisy environment