Amazon is seeking a self-motivated and creative communications professional to lead PR for Amazon Operations in Australia.
The right candidate should possess excellent communications and media relations skills and a proven track record of establishing internal communication and community programs that resonate with key audiences. They will be able to work at internet-speed, create and deliver on major campaigns, a high level of creativity and extensive experience in dealing with various media formats. Accountabilities
· Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets and related media materials for Amazon’s operations business
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
· Build and maintain relationships with key media
· Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
· Support in delivering the brand and value proposition effectively and enhance employee engagement and recruitment
· Develop and execute communications programs on time and on budget
· Develop and manage the execution of community programs
· Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
· Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs Personal Qualities and Experience
This a management position for an individual with a proven track record in external and internal communications strategy development and implementation.
This individual must be able to command respect both within the business unit and be comfortable with working in a matrix organization. They will have the influencing skills, political astuteness and commercial acumen to be seen as a trusted advisor to their peers and with external partners.