Amazon Health and Safety Sustainability Security and Compliance (HS3C) team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to lead the compliance team in Singapore. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant trade, dangerous goods, and product and food safety regulatory guidelines. This position will develop compliance strategy, build new solutions and processes, and support the ongoing operations for the Global Compliance team. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Compliance guidance for all the existing and emerging businesses in Singapore Markets. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This position will be located in Singapore. Key responsibilities
· Actively partners with Legal and business teams to interpret and define compliance obligations for the business.
· Drives scalable solutions to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, by collaborating with Legal, Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation, Marketing, Customer Service, and Public Policy.
· Engages cross-organizationally with leadership to design compliance controls, best-in-class processes and systems, and drives continual improvement.
· Makes recommendations to senior management on opportunities for organizational and business-level risk mitigation regarding compliance.
· Maintains subject matter mastery and current industry knowledge to advise senior leadership on emerging trends, regulatory requirements and on impact to business strategic roadmap.
· Earns trust of business partners by proactively engaging in order to understand business plans and products and by timely providing the necessary support aligned with the business roadmap and deliverables.
· Builds and maintains strategic relationship with local authorities and Key Opinion Leaders to ensure early anticipating and influencing the potential regulatory changes.
· Defines clear department strategy and sets high performance standards for department.
· Plans and advocates for department resources.
· Demonstrates ability to attract and develop top talent from inside and outside of company.
· Recognizes trends for larger-scale development needs within and across teams and builds plans to develop skills