We’re looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager (BDM) to play an important role on the Korea Business Development team to drive adoption of AWS Storage Services (Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon Elastic File System, Amazon Snowball and etc.).
As a BDM, your responsibilities will include partnering with account teams to define key market segments to target, building and executing strategies to address each segment, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish and expand storage service business, and enabling the account team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunities. You’ll also work closely with the BD and product/service teams in APAC and HQ to help them evolve AWS storage services and address issues, concerns and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background to be able to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, and a technical background in storage to be able to easily interact with application developers, architects and system engineers. The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Korea Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy as it relates to AWS Storage Services.
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target within Korea.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS storage services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market