The Amazon Digital Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical Sr. Marketing Manager to lead acquisition and engagement for Amazon Music as we launch and grow our Australian business. As a Sr. Marketing Manager, you will shape the customer experience across the Amazon ecosystem and devices, including the Amazon Music App, Amazon homepage and website, across Amazon categories, and beyond. You will create and execute a comprehensive, integrated strategy that spans across marketing channels, working closely with Marketing Managers, Product Managers, Programmers, and more on the Music team and in close partnership with our Amazon Devices teams.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a scrappy, small team to continuously improve and reinvent processes and customer experiences in an incredibly dynamic industry and organization in new geographical territories. You will excel at working at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) but also able to roll up your sleeves and get things done at the tactical level (creating and managing campaigns with merchandising and marketing tools, analyzing customer engagement data, and solving problems) all while understanding the key business drivers at every level. The Sr. Marketing Manager should be passionate about the customer and must have proven analytical capability, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role must leverage best practices from existing marketplaces while also localizing the customer experience.
- Develop a working backwards plan for all merchandising needs to execute launch and ongoing programs for international expansion of Amazon Music Unlimited
- Take ownership of the entire site merchandising process at both tactical and strategic levels to drive towards international launch dates and post-launch execution
- Build detailed, long-term plans based on targeting key customer segments to drive initial acquisition and ongoing engagement and retention within Amazon Music Unlimited
- Partner with product and technology teams to build a roadmap and execute projects that lead to customer communication and engagement opportunities
- Develop processes that scale across multiple marketplaces as well as those that can be efficiently be made specific to key countries or regions
- Write and present high quality documents to senior leadership
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and partnerships across Amazon’s business and support teams
Business Management Skills Needed:
- Stellar problem solving and issue resolution skills with the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, where multitasking while maintaining quality and attention to detail are the norm
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer research and metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- High bias for taking end-to-end ownership of responsibilities, flexibility and exceptional communication skills
- Strong leader with an aptitude for organization who can prioritize and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Think big and rethink how to better serve our customers