At Amazon.com we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Sr. Manager of ACES Continuous Improvement is an innovative, results driven professional with solid people skills and a strong continuous improvement background to join the team tasked with building and enhancing continuous improvement within Amazon’s Customer Service network. This position will lead process improvement in our award-winning Customer Service (CS) team. ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) is Amazon.com’s innovative program for driving process and customer experience improvement. ACES brings together the tools of Lean, Six Sigma, technology, and Amazon’s customer-obsessed culture, to drive continuous customer experience improvement.
The role has a high level of visibility within the CS team, reports directly to the Director of Global ACES for Customer Service and will interact with leaders at all levels. The Sr. Manager must exercise strong judgment in the identification and execution of strategic improvement plans as well as lead and develop ACES teams located in each CS location. This position is located in Seattle and requires travel up to 40%.
This position requires a candidate with the proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the application of Lean and other quality methods with impeccable quality levels in an organization with explosive growth. This leader must influence, motivate and lead others to meet the challenges in a highly customer-centric operational environment. This leader is also responsible for teaching managers and associates in ACES process thinking and application of Lean tools.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Drive continuous improvement culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible hands-on leadership.
- Mentor and develop site ACES managers (blackbelts), and their teams.
- Provide Strategic vision for the ACES program by identifying and prioritizing where and how we adapt and invest.
- Drive tactical execution of key initiatives building and managing the road map to achieve the CS vision.
- Act as an internal resource for the principles of lean and process excellence working closely with corporate partners on network solutions.
- Drive the creation of Standard Work quality initiatives specific to the needs of the business teams and regions to meet and exceed Business Plans.
- Serve as a Sensei for Customer Service developing common understanding of the relevant concepts and a provide coaching and support to drive a clear approach and deliver results.
- Provide the right metrics to measure process quality and productivity, providing meaningful feedback to the technology and business teams.
- Review and analyze customer defect data with development of corresponding countermeasures.
- Guide operations business teams in their ability to develop and execute daily, weekly, and monthly action plan that increase quality and customer experience.
- Educate managers and associates in the positive correlation between customer experience, productivity and ACES implementation.
- Gain consensus to push change forward while keeping variation between sites to a minimum.
- Establish a partnership with senior business leaders to develop and lead the continuous improvement strategy across multiple global sites.
- Provide leadership on ACES project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy
- Collaborate and communicate with other global ACES leaders on best practices, internal and external benchmarking, talent development, programs of study and knowledge sharing.
- Champion Standard Work based on Lean principles despite the pressure to deviate regardless of the direction from which it comes.