Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support Team is seeking Engineers that enjoy solving problems, enjoy working with customers and have a strong technical background in Applications Management and Software Development using GIT, SVN, and at least one popular programming language. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Can you read and troubleshoot code snippets? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you: Every day challenges
· Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, build proof of concept applications
· Write and interpret configuration scripts for customer environments to install programs, configure logging, and modify configuration files using DSL
· Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback (Voice of the Customer) to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
· Drive customer communication during critical events
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for internal and customer communities
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
· Learn and apply ground breaking technologies