At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Customer Service Human Resources team as an HR Assist Investigator supporting our SJO Customer Service Centers.
The central objective of Amazon’s HR Assist team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core business values and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects. The position supports Amazon.com’s SJO Customer Service (CS) Centers.
The HR Assist Investigator will work proactively to:
- Investigate highly sensitive HR and Employee Relations issues, including: Conducting claimant, witness and target employee interviews; Analyzing data from various internal systems; Case adjudication; Proposing remedial action based on investigation findings; Production of completed investigation documentation
- Independently manage assigned casework, bringing investigations to closure rapidly and definitively
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee and stakeholder feedback
- Analyze aggregate casework data to identify issue trends and opportunities for proactive issue mitigation
- Analyze casework trends and produce strategic recommendations to the business to proactively address systemic issues
- Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication vehicles and practices
- Partner in analysis and revision of people programs, policies, and practices to sustain a positive work environment for Customer Service Associates
- Consult and collaborate with business partners, Corporate ER teams, and Legal teams on complex employee investigations
The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The position reports to in-country HR leadership, with matrixed reporting responsibilities through the NACS HR Assist Leader, within the Customer Service Human Resources group at Amazon.com.. This is a full-time position that may require limited travel, of no more than 10%.