Manager – AWS Public Policy Northern Europe
Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS)* and the utility cloud model amongst enterprises and the public sector and regulated industry (e.g., financial services and healthcare) market segments across Northern Europe? Do you have government affairs experience and have the technology public policy experience necessary to help further advance Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider at the country and regional level in Northern Europe?
Amazon Web Services is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. We are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS across the Northern Europe region before policymakers that are strategically important to the AWS business. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and executives in government and other relevant organizations and help prioritize international, national, and regional government public policy issues faced by AWS. You will address policy risks to the business as well as advance strategic business opportunities and initiatives in these market segments. This position will also lead AWS’s participation in key business associations and coalitions that are critical to advancing AWS public policy and business objectives. You will become familiar with all aspects of AWS’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the region. This Stockholm or Berlin-based government affairs and policy position, which will also participate in the Amazon Europe, Middle-East & Africa Public Policy team, shall:
- Develop, lead and implement Northern Europe government affairs advocacy objectives and policy/political priorities for Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Represent key positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to national governments in the region to enable an unrestricted, transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment for the growth of AWS;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS business units to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory threats and government sector market segment (revenue) opportunities and threats, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with AWS business objectives;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry association and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies;
- Determine, maintain and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations/coalitions on behalf of AWS, and ensure appropriate utilization of high judgment, high integrity outside consultants.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that candidates be willing and able to make frequent trips, mostly across Scandinavia and the Baltics, as needed.* For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com