Amazon’s new Australia retail team, located in Sydney, is looking for a highly analytical Senior Vendor Manager with a passion for launching new countries and driving thought leadership. It is a pivotal role that will contribute to the evolution and success of an important country launch. If you’re inspired by a new challenge and the thought of contributing to a new business in a significant way this is the position for you. In this role you will act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, maximizing Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities, creating the earth's greatest shopping experience – a store featuring more products, brands, & more compelling content than any store, online or off!
The Senior Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.com.au’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment. In addition, he/she is passionate to hire and develop a high-performing team.
The successful SVM will be able to:
* Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
* Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
* Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
* Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
* Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
* Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
* Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
* Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets