(Located in Korea)
Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the public sector?
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing?
Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As the Education Account Executive
within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the Korea Education, Research and Not-For-Profit markets, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services and platform within the sectors' communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key education, research and Not For Profit sector market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the high level government education officials and educators, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive Asia Pacific and Japan AWS education, research and not for profit market and technical strategy.
- Help define the AWS education, research and not for profit market segments, customer base, and the verticals we target.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with account management (Education, Research and Non-Profit) and solution selling ability
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.