Amazon Development Centre South Africa is looking for passionate software developers to join us and help to solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities. The Cape Town based Development Center plays a key role in building the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon's in-the-cloud infrastructure service that is pioneering cloud computing by providing re-sizable compute capacity in the cloud. It gives any developer complete control of their computing resources and lets them run on Amazon’s proven computing environment. We are continuing to build the team in order to expand on our feature set and manage our rapidly increasing scale.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 presents and about web services in general.
The following will help ensure a successful application
- Experience with Scala, Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++.
- Experience with Linux development.
- MS in Computer Science or studying towards such a degree
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Deep interest in solving challenges of high availability and scale.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.
Amazon.com offers a demanding, exciting and rewarding experience, with opportunities to work with the world’s best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.