AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung. With Amazon Analytics and Big Data, we help organizations connect with their customers more personally, predict and respond to market opportunities, protect against fraud, and much more.
We are looking for an ASEAN Business Development Manager (BDM) for our Analytics and Big Data (ABD) offerings. You will be someone who is deeply excited about this space, and who is passionate about helping customers understand the value proposition of AWS services related to ABD, and how it can drive innovation for their businesses.
You have years of experience delivering solutions across the stack of data warehousing, business intelligence, batch processing, stream processing, machine learning, and data workflow orchestration.
As a BDM for ABD, your responsibilities will include partnering the Sales and the Solution Architects teams to drive adoption and usage of the AWS cloud computing ABD offerings (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Quicksight), defining key market segments to drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new businesses in those markets, and enabling the sales team to drive day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues and requests from the field.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
· Has business experience and customer-facing skills that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers and architects.
· Adept at thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
· You must enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers, from hot start-ups to established enterprises
· A broad and strong leader – part builder, part operator and part general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus