Be a part of operating the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced Procurement & Inventory Planning Specialist to support the development of procurement, inventory optimization, metrics and strategies. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
This person will possess strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills and will have demonstrated the ability to collaborate within a group or team environment. This critical role will require the ability to establish and build relationships across teams. As a member of the GPC team, this person will contribute to both the short and long-range growth and profitability of the organization and contribute to a positive customer experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in procurement and inventory management.
Procurement & Inventory Planning Specialist will report to a GPC Regional Manager and work closely with the Inventory Planning Regional Lead. They will be responsible for creating and running reports, setting up dashboards in BI, pulling inventory data to show gaps and areas for improvement. Reports required will often be global and used to make high level, educated purchasing decisions. Responsibilities: 1. Procurement:
· Ongoing analytics and analysis to insure accurate lead time, safety stock, review cycle, order methods, min/max points, and usage for all part numbers.
· Create reports and analyze new platform arrivals, identify and address gaps in coverage.
· Create and maintain item rank and stock flag status
· Execute stock rebalancing through transfers between locations and purchasing.
· Ad hoc analysis and projects as requested by the Manager.
· Responsible for managing inventory for highest possible first pass fill rate and highest possible inventory turns.
· Resolve Invoice discrepancies.
· Receive and review requisitions requesting goods and verifies compliance with corporate policy.
· Expedites orders and requests as needed included non-inventoried items (basic supplies, office supplies, Internal Support).
· Monitors performance and capabilities of vendors to ensure maintenance of delivery, quality, and price commitments.
· Acts as a liaison in dealings between vendors and user departments when necessary.
· Participate in global logistics purchasing discussions. 2. Inventory planning:
· Analyze existing business processes and logic in the various functional areas within purchasing and inventory operations through personal observation and user/system interaction.
· Support or adapt existing SQL / Excel applications, tools and reporting as needed.
· Develop new applications, tools and ad hoc and refreshable reports to address current business problems or to streamline processes.
· Develop, implement, and provide summary and detailed inventory analysis reports to management
· Work with corporate BI team to develop Inventory related reporting dashboards
· Work with Excel-based forecasting statistical tool to analyze future demand and slow moving inventory
· Perform data analysis and written audits of particular processes, such as internal usage patterns or customer service level analysis.
· Perform other projects, analyses and data extraction as assigned.