Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Systems ("TRMS") is to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction. Within TRMS, the Operations division achieves this through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the buyers and sellers on our marketplace.
The Sr Operations Manager role is responsible for overseeing multiple San Jose, Costa Rica based Investigations Teams, with over 300 investigators. The site is going into its second year of operation, and there is fast paced growth ahead. As a senior leader, this role will supervise multiple Operations Managers and 20+ investigations managers which today lead the Buyer Risk, Merchant Risk, and Vendor Dispute organizations. This leader must also influence our worldwide operation by driving global initiatives to achieve tactical and strategic goals. This is a critical role to ensure that Amazon is able to detect and prevent fraudulent and high-risk transactions, while also protecting the customer experience for legitimate customers.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated and capable Analytic, Operations, Metrics, and Process Improvement Manager. In this role, you will own and have the unique opportunity to help define the toolsets, road-maps, processes, and metrics to enable the TRMS mission. In addition the role is responsible for providing direction and overseeing the policies for safe guarding our selling platform. You will work closely with analytics, engineering, and process improvement teams within TRMS. This is a highly visible and impacting role within the group as well as across the department.
You should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. Success for a team such as ours is can be viewed in terms of the positive change we drive, and the quality of actionable data we provide to our customers. People Management:
· Lead and manage a team of 4-5 Operations Managers, 15+ Investigations managers and 300+ investigators
· Maintain required staffing levels as directed
· Ensure high quality and productivity within the organizational units
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
· Effectively partner and build productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments.
· Manage the career growth and development of the Operations Management team by driving focus on Amazon’s Core Values and Leadership Principles.
· Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within their organizational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model. Responsibilities:
· The successful candidate will set the vision, direction and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
· This position requires a candidate who has the ability to drive process improvements and keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
· Develops and drives strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization.
· Achieve operational excellence and process improvement in our service level agreements (SLAs) for all processing activities.
· Work with software engineers to clearly articulate feature requirements for investigator toolsets, user interfaces, and business logic for the efficient handling of claims, disputes, and appeals.
· Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon.com leaders.
· Analyze the key levers of the business to identify claim and bad debt trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause defects.
· Create and maintain clear metrics on our investigation handling, performance, and decision quality.
· Drive continuous enhancements to the functionality and processes of the TRMS Operations team; these take the form of driving innovation through various channels - Kaizens, software requirements gathering and definition, world-wide project management, metrics definition, data structure improvements, etc.
· The manager's success will be measured by their ability to drive operational efficiencies across all processing areas while improving customer experience.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills. This role blends operations, product management, customer service, global strategy, finance, and usability.