Senior BDM for AWS Joint Innovation Center and Incubator
(Location: preferred Shanghai)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers save substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
As a Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) for AWS Joint Innovation Center and Incubator, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver AWS strategy to build mind share and drive adoption of the AWS platform in the startup ecosystem. The Senior BDM will be responsible for engaging with China local government partners to set up AWS Joint incubator or Innovation Center and driving adoption of the AWS platform and enabling the startups in the joint innovation center. She/he will own the strategic relationship with the local government, Joint Innovation Center operator, VCs, startup communities for the AWS Joint Innovation Center initiative. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions, BDM will be responsible for driving AWS adoption and AWS revenue growth of startups through the joint innovation center initiative in the startup market.
The ideal candidate should have the good business background and business development capability to engage with local government partners, as well as VCs . He/she should also have a demonstrated strategic thinking about China government strategy and startup ecosystem. The candidate should have the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions of AWS for government and the startups. The position requires the excellent business development capability and project management skills, along with the knowledge of startup ecosystem and the cloud computing market.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the startup incubation team in helping to define and deliver the overall startup incubation business strategy in China. Set a strategic business development plan for the joint innovation center initiative and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· As the owner of the one key initiative program for startups in China, the BDM's main responsibilities are to design and execute the program, including the program design, the program execution plan, the key partner engagement, and track the progress of the program. Prepare and give business reviews of the program to the core management team.
· Work with the Joint Innovation Center and Incubators and Accelerators powered by AWS, global startup communities and VCs to execute the campaigns for the international incubation program globally. Execute the international startup incubation program through working with key internal stakeholder, including AWS sales, marketing, partner, PR, legal, and support teams.
· Engage with incubators, accelerators, startup communities, and local governments to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships and managing the day-to-day interactions, BDM/PM will be responsible for driving AWS adoption and AWS revenue growth of startups through the joint innovation center initiative in the startup market.
·More than 10 years of Business Development experience in the field of the Internet or IT industry.
· Good project management skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Track record of business development or sales experience, with all up responsibility across the entire organization
· Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique value propositions for both China startups and international startups through the collaboration with global Accelerators & Incubators and VCs.
· Good insights into the startup ecosystem and connection with the key VCs and startup communities in China market.