Location: Hong Kong
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon. AWS is the leader in providing secure, reliable, scalable, and innovative cloud services that help over a million businesses across the globe scale and grow!
AWS provides a wide set of scalable cloud storage services to meet customer needs including: file storage (Amazon EFS), object storage (Amazon S3), low-latency block storage (Amazon EBS), extremely low-cost archival storage (Amazon Glacier), and an on-premises virtual appliance that enables customers to integrate their IT infrastructure with AWS Storage (AWS Storage Gateway).
We’re looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager (BDM) to play a big role on the Platform Business Development team focused on driving adoption and revenue for AWS Storage offerings - with a primary focus on S3 and Glacier (as well as Storage Gateway and Snowball for data ingestion and tiering).
As a BDM, your responsibilities will include partnering with the AWS Storage Services teams to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity around AWS Storage.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
We’re looking for a tenacious self-starter with a passion for the cloud storage market and who can serve as a strong advocate for our customers. You should have excellent analytical capabilities, strong writing skills, services-based business experience, and the desire to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You must have a track record of working with emerging technologies, developing new business, and defining/executing on sales strategy to drive growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Platform Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy as it relates to Amazon Storage
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target to grow the business.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability
- Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.