Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the world, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. Amazon leaders have said that AWS can be as big as our retail business and combined with a fast pace release cycle that saw 700+ features launched in 2015, we need the kind of individuals that can manage product portfolios to facilitate our success. You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience.
We want you to help take AWS to the next level and shape our business accordingly through product business development. Would you like to lead the team focused on shaping and increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform: compute, database, storage, big data and other emerging services including Enterprise by engaging with companies building software applications and services?
Do you have the leadership, business savvy and technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space? Do you have experience building new business solutions across Greater China?
Reporting to the Managing Director, Greater China the Head of Product Business Development
will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and develop broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities in Greater China.
You will be responsible for strategizing and leading the Greater China Product Business Development team to ensure that we achieve our business goals. Thinking big is integral to who you are but you are also a keen operator who will enjoy rolling up your sleeves and driving results. Focusing on compute, database, storage, big data and other emerging services, you will shape and define solutions and key market segments to target while leveraging the direct field sales team and channels/partners of AWS. You will drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in new markets while enabling the team to drive the day-to-day interactions with enterprise accounts in order to build long-term business opportunities and solutions. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams at Amazon HQ to help evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field and customers.
The ideal candidate will excel in business development, management and technology which will enable them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and turning concepts into reality is a must.
Lead a group of Business Development Managers each focusing on specific key segments either in compute, database, storage, big data and other emerging services and verticals in the Enterprise. Serve as a key member (coach and player) of the China team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy:
- Work with Greater China region to drive revenue and market share
- Help define the AWS solution sets, market segments, and industry verticals we target.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction per Greater China customer segment.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Exhibits proactive ability and is very astute in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required. Initiate and win new deals that are then managed by the business development team.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
- Manage liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Experienced in leveraging account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) to drive BD lead initiatives.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Maintain opportunities by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Comfortable managing the sales cycle of an opportunity and will partner with various teams to (Account Executive, Solutions Architect, etc) to develop, propose and close new business.
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the new Enterprise service can help address and resolve these issues.
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the service, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
- Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of support across all AWS markets.
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: Internet technology, database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied database approaches (relational, non-relational, in-memory, data warehousing, etc.)