Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage strategic technology partners and driving business plans and results with our most strategic Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solution providers in the Applications solutions segments. Focusing on these segments, you will have the opportunity to drive a strategy to deliver on our strategy to build adoption and go-to-market execution of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Simple DB, and Amazon RDS, and many more cloud services. Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with selected strategic ISV solution providers by establishing and growing business and technical relationships while leading team members in managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption. The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales management background that enables them to manage a sales-oriented team and to easily interact with enterprise customers. This person should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for developing a multi-year partner ecosystem vision and investment strategy that enables the Go To Market strategies of the Sales Organization and of the partner community, while ensuring adoption of AWS strategies to capture new market opportunities and satisfy evolving customer consumption needs.
· Builds, develops and leads a regional team to drive enablement and readiness, technology and engineering, channel programs, ecosystem development, strategy and planning while ensuring partners development and profitability
· Enable consistent business practices and operational rhythm (including 360 degree reviews of business health; forecast and funnel; credit capacity; performance; profitability; demand gen; programs utilization and ROI).
· Create strategies focused on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse, high performance team.
- Work with the team with existing and new Application solutions partners to define and execute technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Engage the partner’s field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track the progress of each ISV solution provider and achievement to goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, the partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Have your team position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
- Ensure that the partner development managers work closely with the partner’s customer base to maximize success using our web services.
- Ensure that AWS is the ISV’s Preferred Cloud Computing platform across all product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of our technology partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Create and execute operational rigor with the team including territory management, account management, segment plans, and business reviews (internal/external).
- Create strategies focused on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse, high performance workforce.
- Develop long lasting CXO relationships within the partner and customers.
- Engage CEO level with Partners
- Understand partner objectives and business drivers to achieve greater levels of alignment