- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in building high-performance real-time data processing systems.
- Experience with Linux, Git, and Java.
- Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring
- Strong desire to build, a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.