At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Program Management
to join our European Transportation team. The position is located in Prague, Czech Republic. As an integral part of the European Transportation Operations team, the Sr. Manager, Program Management
is responsible for the optimization of the transportation network. The role ensures the cost effective and reliable networking of Amazon FCs and line haul connections to all Direct Injection carriers. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding the overall EU Transportation strategy and continually identifying operational, service, and process improvements in relation to customer experience enhancement in a cost effective environment. The European Transportation Operations team works with Amazon’s Fulfilment Centers (FC), Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions. Responsibilities
- Manage existing international inter warehouse line haul and Direct Injection line haul connections to the highest degree of cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Manage a high performing team of Specialists, Program Managers, Analysts and Operations Managers
- Develop the network by identifying new opportunities for cost reduction or experience improvements and implementation of same or both national and international connections.
- Manage the business relationships with carriers spanning resolution of operational issues to support commercial and contractual negotiations.
- Cross-functional work with the Supply Chain, Warehouses and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources. Translate the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans.
- Ensure up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis are available and maintained.
- Work across the EU in a cross-functional environment.
- Interfaces and coordinates activity with Senior Managers, Operations Managers and Process Operations Managers across European Customer Fulfillment network to develop and manage change.
- Liaison and collaboration with external partners (mainly carriers).