Job descriptionListing Info
Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services.About this Job
This is a remote technical support role (NOT call center) who should be an expert in various IT areas and provide timely and professional troubleshooting advice and architectural best practice to AWS customers via support cases and occasional on-site visits.
Within the team, we have gurus used to work on Linux kernel drivers, with PhD in High-Performance Computing (HPC) and as senior networking Operation & Maintenance (O&M) engineer.
We are seeking people with strong technical skills. Experience with Big Data and/or Database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!Every Day Will Bring New And Exciting Challenges On The Job While You
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services