Located in Seoul, Korea
Would you like to own driving the revenue for Amazon’s market-leading cloud computing products? Would you like to lead the team that is focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by strategically engaging with companies of all sizes and from different industries to come up with new innovative ideas and help them reinvent their businesses? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As the Head of Business Development team in AWS Korea, you will have the unprecedented opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy that will build mind share and broad based use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform with Korean customers, will engage with C-level executives, LOB owners, IT professionals and developers.
You will be responsible for managing a team of talented business development managers, helping them define key market segments to target. You will drive strategic business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish AWS presence in those markets. Enabling the account teams to further their day-to-day interactions with prospective clients across the board you will help them build long-term business opportunities. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field. Lastly, you will be part of the AWS Korea leadership team and will work closely with the other functional team leaders to define and execute AWS’s long-term business strategy.
The ideal candidate must posses both business and technical backgrounds that enables the candidate to engage with CXO's and influence them to adopt AWS. S/he should have a demonstrated track record of thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, technical challenges, combined with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, work cross-functionally and build consensus. The candidate should also have passion to lead, manage, and mentor other leaders. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Korea Leadership team and help drive overall AWS market and technical strategy
- Lead and manage the Business Development team
- Work with the field team managers to analyze the Korea market and determine priority solutions
- Support the roll out of these solutions to target customers and develop industry-specific go to market strategies
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Take ownership of developing the business opportunity pipeline by engaging with customers and partners
- Localize + Operationalize playbooks
- Prepare and give business reviews to the AWS Korea leadership team and the APAC/Global business development teams regarding the overall business development strategy execution