Areas / Shift Manager - Prague
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
We are looking to hire Shift/Area Manager to join the team and play a critical role in our Fulfillment Center in Prague.
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for one of our main departments in the distribution center - receive, stow, pick or pack. You and your team ensure that the workflow runs smoothly so that all customer wishes are met. Simultaneously you concentrate on the realization of our most important goals: safety, quality, productivity, inventory accuracy and the constant improvement of our processes. You will be required to lead, train and motivate the logistics team of 80 to 120 employees in your business unit whilst working to a number of KPIs and targets, always actively looking at ways in which to improve the warehouse operation. Although this is a supervisory position, it is still very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to be involved in the day-to-day operation of the distribution center.
- You lead and manage a large team of associates in a specified department within a very fast-paced and demanding environment.
- You are continuously proactive and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
- You maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- You are a Subject Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the FC, ensuring in line with Standard Work that best practice is shared with other distribution centers within the network.
- You participate in continuous improvement activities using methodologies such as Kaizen and 5s.
- You establish collaborative relationships with individuals from other functions.
- You lead cross-functional teams tasked with solving operational problems.