Amazon’s Load Balancing Infrastructure and Platform Automation team is responsible for building automation tools and services for Amazon's load balancing platform.
We’re seeking Systems Development Engineers with experience in network and software automation. A deep knowledge of Linux and networking is essential. You should have a passion for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technologies. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. In addition to a stimulating working environment, Amazon offers mentoring programs, regular tech talks with principal engineers, and a variety of career paths to pursue.
Successful candidates will join a world-class engineering team with a passion to automate everything. Responsibilities include:
- Build large scale automation scripts, tools and services
- Solve complex technical problems with solutions that are testable, maintainable, and efficient
- Collaborate with software development teams to improve and optimize the Amazon ecosystem
- Successfully develop technologies that improve a major portion of a product or service
- Work autonomously to define technical strategy, influence the team and drive change
- Automate and simplify team development, test, and operations processes
- Understand the team system architecture. Make technical trade-off decisions at application level
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency
- Mentor and develop your peers
- Participate in the interviewing process
- Support an engagement only pager rotation including weekends and holidays
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet Visit http://www.amazon.jobs
for more information.