Amazon Kindle is the world’s largest and most favored digital ecosystem for reading (devices, e-books). For the India business, we are looking for entrepreneurial leaders to lead several new initiatives with a vision to transform the way users read and consume media content. The role will provide opportunities to think big, develop original ideas, and partner with operations, technology and business development teams to deliver product execution
We are looking for seasoned product leaders who are customer obsessed, smart and analytical, passionate about mobile and ecommerce, love innovation, and are willing to fail with calculated risks. In this role, you will manage challenging, lengthy projects across multiple teams and locations, and will need to be comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to drive decisions. As a Principal Product Manager, you will define and execute Kindle content roadmap, consumer experience, and drive the adoption of product / features. This highly visible role has direct exposure to senior worldwide Amazon leadership.
Does such an opportunity to have a direct and visible impact on the Kindle story in India appeal to you? Primary Responsibilities
- Product Strategy and Direction: Define Kindle content roadmap for India marketplace. Continually assess the needs of readers and device users, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats in defining and evolving the product strategy.
- Roadmap Planning: Manage a cross-functional process to translate the desired customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap and product releases. Create buy-in for the product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders.
- User Experience and Requirements Definition: Develop high quality BRD’s and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Product Roll-out: Create and execute go-to-market plans for new products and features. Work closely with product engineering and program management to develop product(s) and go-to-market teams (marketing and business development) to drive adoption. Define and monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance, and continually optimize operational efficiencies including cost reduction efforts.
- Be comfortable with hands-on day-to-day problem solving, implementing quick and effective action plans to meet short term priorities. Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly sales report.
- Prepare and present business reviews to senior management.